Share on Pinterest
If you’re finding out about things to see and do on the West Coast, you’ll probably want to read the post with .
13. Go up to one of San Francisco’s viewpoints: Coit Tower, Twin Peaks Hill, and up to Alamo Square and Painted Ladies Street. Although it’s not a lookout point, the beaches overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge are also beautiful, especially at Baker Beach.
14. Tour the entire Fisherman’s Wharf area with its docks (Piers). Especially not missing out on a tour of Pier 39.
15. Make the visit to the prison of Alcatraz (Here you have the guide to visit Alcatraz)
16. If you want to explore San Francisco further, I recommend that you look at the post with 40 things to see in San Francisco. Otherwise, go on to the next point.
17. Set out for Yosemite National Park and make at least one two-day visit. As far as possible following our route by rental car. There is also an option for an organized tour to Yosemite National Park (you can see the prices here)
18. Continue on to Las Vegas and on the way visit Death Valley. Death Valley is a desert in southeastern California, part of the Mojave Desert with breathtaking scenery.
19. Get to Las Vegas and settle into some of their hotels. To find out where to stay I did a post about the best hotels in Las Vegas. Once you’re installed, take a first look at the Las Vegas Strip. It is the main axis of the city, where most of the hotels and attractions are located.
20. Tour the main hotels and witness the spectacle of the dancing fountains at the Hotel Bellagio (free), the spectacle of volcanoes, fire and water at the Hotel Mirage (free) Get on The Linq (Las Vegas’ giant Ferris wheel) and also the Stratosphere Las Vegas among others. And don’t forget to get your picture taken on the “Welcome to fabulous Las Vegas” poster.
21. Experience the nightlife on Fremont Street and visit the legendary Golden Nugget Las Vegas. Also take a night tour of Las Vegas.
22. Go to some of the many shows on the Las Vegas billboard.
23. Las Vegas is a destination to stay at least three nights. If you want to expand on this post you have 45 ideas for activities in Las Vegas. Otherwise you can move on to the next point.
24. Leaving Las Vegas you can visit the incredible landscapes of Red Rock Canyon and Valley of Fire, a preview of the wonders to come on the next leg of the journey.
25. Start a route to the most incredible landscapes of the interior and set out for the incredible landscapes of Bryce Canyon (don’t miss the photos of Bryce Canyon in this post). On the way we could add Zion National Park.
26. Follow the route in the direction of Page. Stay overnight there and visit Antelope Canyon and Horseshoe Blend (in each link you have the posts of my visit and the tips to get organized)
27. Continue on route through the “Far West” and reach the impressive Monument Valley.
28. To continue in the incredible landscapes of this roadtrip, get to Grand Canyon. In this post you have the tips to organize the visit to the Grand Canyon (recommended to schedule at least one night inside the National Park).
29. On the way back to Los Angeles, do a stretch of the mythical Route 66 and pass through towns like Kingman.
30. If we have time or days left, make a detour to Joshua Tree National Park and finally get to Los Angeles to finish our trip.
Share on Pinterest